District health services is committed to providing the services needed so that our students are healthy, safe and ready to learn. Our district health offices:
- Monitor immunization status of students
- Manage health plans for students with health conditions
- Provide first aid and emergency care to students and staff
- Administer medication as ordered by a physician
- Maintain health service records
- Implement screening programs
- Surveillance of Communicable disease
In order for students to enroll or remain enrolled in elementary or secondary schools, Minnesota state law requires documentation of required immunizations or written proof of exemption.
Non-emergency medical care is provided on a walk-in basis to children from birth through high school years.